Cleanse Season How To's
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! What a fantastic time to start fresh and reset your system for ultimate health in 2018. Over 80% of New Year’s Resolutions are health-related. So, if you want to start the year off on the right foot, juice cleansing and clean eating is a perfect way to kick-start a new you.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention states that on average we have over 150 industrial chemicals in our blood. These chemicals come from environmental pollutants and things like stress. Keeping stress levels down and choosing clean products are the best ways to keep your immunity strong to fight off disease. Cleansing helps rid your body of toxins that suck your energy and cause problems throughout your body.
Digestion and Cleansing
There is no activity, sport, or exercise that taxes your system more than the digestion of food. Therefore, you may feel sluggish after eating a big meal particularly one that is high in animal products, carbohydrates, unhealthy fats, and sugars. Most of your energy goes toward breaking down that heavy meal. Your body works as efficiently as possible to get nutrients from your food to your blood, organs, and entire body. Cleansing with juice gives you nutrition but removes the need to digest, enabling your body to put that extra energy towards eliminating built up toxins from your highly efficient body. Cleansing gives your digestive system a much-needed holiday.
Create A Plan
Our most successful cleanse clients have a plan in place. Whether you are doing a 1, 3 or 5-day juice cleanse, plan a total of 21 days for your ultimate cleanse experience. The weeks before and after your cleanse are very important to get the most value out of the cleanse. This is your opportunity to set yourself up for success for the months to follow.
Before your cleanse. (1 week – 10days)
- Cut down your caffeine consumption every day. This will help you avoid caffeine - withdrawal
- To start detoxifying, increase your water consumption. The amount of water that one needs varies from person to person depending on weight, gender, age, activity level, weather etc. The Dietitians of Canada and The Mayo Clinic’s suggest 3 litres (12.5 Cups) for men and 2.2 litres (8.5 Cups) for women.
- Add lemon to your water or hot water. Lemon is highly alkalizing and neutralizes acids.
- Add a green juice to your daily diet.
- Omit meat and replace with fish or seafood. Meat stays in your digestive tract longer and requires more energy to digest. You are setting up your digestive system for a much-needed break.
- Eat as much organic food as possible. Toxins come from chemicals in non-organic foods. You need to rid your body of these toxins.
- Avoid sugar, unhealthy fats, gluten, alcohol and processed food as much as possible.
During your cleanse
Sip your beverages slowly and allow your juice to linger in your mouth to create saliva. This is where digestion begins.
Drink water in between your juices and nut mylks.
Drink herbal tea if you would like a warm drink. Don’t warm up your juice or nut mylks.
You may notice your tongue gets a white film while cleansing. Use a tongue scraper to get rid of toxins that may be leaving your body via your tongue. You don’t want this film to re absorb back into your system.
Post-cleanse: (1 week – 10days)
Add easy-to-digest food back into your diet. Choose foods such as smoothies, vegetable-based soups & stews for the first 3 days post-cleanse to ease back into eating.
Continue to drink at least one cold-pressed juice daily making it a green juice every second day at least.
After 2-3 days introduce raw produce back into your diet and increase the amount daily. Eat fresh vegetables at every meal.
Add lean protein into your diet after 3 days and keep your portions small.
Add healthy grains into your diet after 3 days keeping your portions small.
Add healthy fats into your diet at every meal. (LEARN ABOUT HEALTHY FATS HERE)
Continue to drink water (use guidelines above).
Avoid sugar, unhealthy fats, gluten, alcohol and processed food.
Choose an 80% plant-based menu.
Now that your 21 days are over keep following your post-cleanse guidelines as close as possible for clarity, energy and overall good health.
It’s time to take on 2018 with vitality! Keep in touch and let us know all about your cleanse experience.
- Team JUSU
Interested in booking a cleanse? Let's get started! Hit the link below.